Friday, April 16, 2010

FreeRTOS on Mini-STM32

FreeRTOS Demo on Mini-STM32 kit (STM32F103RBT6 with 2.8" TFT LCD).


My initial attempt of porting the FreeRTOS Demo was considerably a success. But later on, I found out that the version used of STM32 standard peripheral library was already obsolete. And so I didn't anymore continue with that. In stead, I opt to use the latest Firmware version which is v3.2.0 (Mar-2010), and combine it with the latest FreeRTOS source code - v6.0.4.

It wasn't easy for me to start the Keil uVision project from scratch (almost). On the brighter side, I already got familiarized with STM32 code libraries because of this activity. It's mostly trial-and-error approach. But luckily I stepped into this guide of porting the FreeRTOS source: Running FreeRTOS on the Keil MCBSTM32 Board with the RVMDK Evaluation Tools

Here's the result. After few seconds of displaying the "Powered by FreeRTOS" message, the demo will now display the status of all tasks. If there's no error occurred, it will show "PASS" and the 'jitter' in the processing of timer interrupt (timertest.c). For the USART test (comtest.c), there's a "loopback" test of transmitted and received characters. Simply short the pins 2 and 3 (RX and TX) of CON1 in the Mini-STM32 board. Otherwise, it will show "ERROR IN COM TEST" message.

Source Code (Keil RVMDK + uVision 4): FreeRTOS on MINI-STM32.rar

7 comments:

  1. Hi.
    i am trying to program my stm32f103 mini board but due to keil limited version (32kb) i can not use any of example in your site.do you know from i can get keil cheap version? i'm using jlink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo,
    I had programmed my mini st32 v3 with your files, but the sreen left white. Is this only for the v2? What can I do?
    regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can I download the code from the board into my computer ? because I can't detect COM...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. can u please give a sample freeRTOS code using timers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective. Are you facing problem while changing address in LIC account then go through this article How to change the address in LIC Policies?

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent information, i dont know how to thank you more.

    Lesen perniagaan
    logo printing
    mekanik

    ReplyDelete